Privacy Notice Simply Corporate Limited
This Policy sets out how we collect and use personal data about you, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other UK legislation, as amended or updated from time to time (Data Protection Legislation.)
The following sets out our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
- About us
Simply Corporate Limited is a company registered in England and Wales (Company Number 11134946) (“Simply Corporate.”) Our registered office is Ribble Court Business Centre, 1 Mead Way, Padiham, BB12 7NG.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation and this notice, we are the ‘data controller.’ This means that we are responsible for deciding on how we hold and use personal data about you. We are required under the Data Protection Legislation to notify you of the information contained in this Privacy Notice.
- How we may collect data
We obtain personal data about you, for example, when:
- You request a proposal from us in respect of services we provide;
- You engage us to provide our services and also during the provisions of those services;
- You contact us in person, by email, telephone, post or social media;
- From publicly available resources such as Companies House, the Electoral Register, Social Media and your business website. Such information may consist of but is not limited to name, home address, dates of birth, telephone numbers, and email addresses.
- The kind of information that we hold
The information we hold about you may include the following:
- Your personal details which may include but is not limited to: names, addresses, gender, date of birth, nationality, telephone and mobile numbers, family, lifestyle and social circumstances, passport, national insurance and tax codes and identification numbers, employment, income and financial details, bank account, documentation of the above and notes of meetings.
- Details of contact that we have had with you in relation to the provision of or the proposed provision, of our services;
- Details of any services you have received from us;
- Our correspondence and communications with you;
- Information about any complaints and enquiries you make to us;
- Information from research, surveys and marketing activities;
- Information we receive from other sources such as publicly available information, information provided by your employer and from third parties who represent you;
- How we use personal data
We may process your data and, in some circumstances, provide it to third parties in order to comply with our legal obligations.
We may process your personal data to enable us to perform our contract with you, your employer or our clients. This may include processing your personal data where you are an employee, director, subcontractor, shareholder, partner, LLP member, supplier or customer of our client.
We may process your personal data for the purposes of our own legitimate interests provided that those interests do not override any of your own rights, interests, and freedoms which require the protection of personal data. This includes processing for marketing, business development, statistical and management purposes.
We may process your personal data for certain additional purposes with your consent and in these limited circumstances where your consent is required for the processing of your personal data, then you have the right to withdraw your consent to processing for such specific purpose.
Please note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful basis depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
Situations in which we will use your personal data
We may use your personal data in order to:
- Carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you, your employer, or your business/company and us;
- Comply with our legal obligations such as anti-money laundering regulations and law enforcement;
- Provide you with information relating to our services, events and activities which you request from us or which we feel may be relevant to you based on the services we provide, or on the basis of our own legitimate interests provided that they do not override any of your own interests, rights and freedoms which require the protection of personal data
- Seek your thoughts and opinions on the services we provide; and
- Notify you about any changes to our services.
We may also process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in accordance with this notice, where we are legally required or permitted to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected.
When assessing what retention period is appropriate for your personal data, we take into consideration:
- The requirement of our business and the services provided;
- Any statutory and legal obligations;
- The purposes for which we originally collected the personal data;
- The lawful grounds on which we base our processing;
- The types of personal data we have collected;
- The amount and categories of your personal data;
- Whether the purposes of the processing could reasonably be fulfilled by other means.
Change of purpose
Where we need to use your personal data for another reason, other than for the purpose of which it was collected, we will only use your personal data were that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
- Data sharing
Why might you share my personal data with third parties
We will share your personal data with third parties where are required by law, where it is necessary to administer the relationship between us, where we have your consent or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
We may need to share your personal data with a regulator to comply with the law, or to otherwise comply with the purposes set out in Section 5 above.
All our third-party service providers are required to take commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect your personal data. We only permit our third-party service providers to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. We will not share your personal data with third parties for marketing purposes and we will not rent or sell personal data to third parties.
- Data Security
We have put in place commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in any way, altered or disclosed. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator if a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
- Right of access
Your duty to inform us of any changes
It is important that the personal data that we hold about you is accurate and current. Should your personal data change, please notify us of any changes which we need to be made aware by contacting us using the contact details below.
Your rights in connection with personal data
Under certain circumstances you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive details of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are processing it lawfully;
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you;
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us to continuing processing it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below);
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to the processing on this basis. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information direct for marketing purposes
- Request the restriction of processing your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you wish to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to our or another data controller if the lawful basis for processing is consent or for the performance of a contract. This may be carried out by automated means if this is technically feasible,
If you want to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details below.
- Right to withdraw consent
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data for specific purposes (for example in relation to direct marketing that you have indicated that you would like to receive from us), you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact us using the contact details below.
Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your personal information (personal data) for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
- Changes to this notice
This privacy notice was last updated on 24 September 2018.
- CONTACT US
If you have any questions regarding this notice or if you would like to speak to us about the manner in which we process your personal data please contact:
Simply Corporate Limited
1 Mead Way
Tel: 01282 222420
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues, at any time, the ICO’s contact details are as follows:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745